The Naughty Pine Tavern in Hampton (formerly known as Frank's) was destroyed in a fire on May 18 around noon. No people were injured, although two dogs in an upstairs apartment perished. Surrounding neighbors got a strong dose of smoke as the fire blazed for over an hour. Firefighters from the Randolph-Hampton Fire District were aided by the Cannon Falls Fire Department in extinguishing the blaze. According to the Dakota County Sheriff's Office, the blaze started from smoldering metal cuttings from an ongoing project in the tavern. - Ken Haggerty photos
Welcome to Cannon Falls! Whether you're here for a day's excursion or have recently moved to town, you'll find a wealth of delightful discoveries. Stunning natural beauty and year-round recreation. Gracious hosts, keeping small-town friendliness alive. All the basics of life and more, provided by people who greet you by name. Sophisticated technology and fine products are available here, but traffic is light, lines short. World-class theatre and medical care, colleges and pro sports are less than an hour away.